Fatal error: Call to undefined function:

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

Art57mo

Post by Art57mo »

Hi David,

I just copied over all your files for the Pre-modified 2.0.22, have the config.php file set for (666 or -rw-rw-rw-) atributes and ran your install.php file.

This is the very first MOD I have tried to install.

Immediately got the following error message.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: include_attach_lang() in /www/standard/www.challengers101.com/htdocs/phpBB2/in ... ctions.php on line 399

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art
Art
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

you uploaded the contents of the zip file to your forum's root folder right? Replacing all of your old files with the new ones?
Art57mo

Post by Art57mo »

DavidIQ wrote:you uploaded the contents of the zip file to your forum's root folder right? Replacing all of your old files with the new ones?

Yes, this is correct. Copied any new directories to the phpBB2 root directory and replaced any and all files in existing directories with the mod's new files. Ran the Install.php and got that error. Even if I try to just log onto the new forum, get the same error message.

As I said, have not installed any other mod's.

phpBB version 2.0.22, same version number as the Pre-modified v2.0.22.zip I go from your site.

After uploading all the new files, I ran your install.php file in /phpBB2/installer/ directory. Got the error message immediately?

I really would like to get this mod working as it would be an asset to the forum. Once I get it working, plan on installing the Lightbox MOD.

Art
Art
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

This error comes up whenever the common.php file isn't edited or isn't overwritten. How exactly are you uploading? It seems as if the old file isn't getting replaced with the new one.
Art57mo

Post by Art57mo »

DavidIQ wrote:This error comes up whenever the common.php file isn't edited or isn't overwritten. How exactly are you uploading? It seems as if the old file isn't getting replaced with the new one.
OOPS!!!!!!! Tell me Dave, how many people install this mod and failed to follow your simple instructions?

YUP! I looked and the file, "common.php" and realized I had copied all "but" the files from the mod to the "phpBB2 root directory" where the "common.php" file resides. After doing this, (finally), I ran the mod install.php file and all installed correctly, except the notation below.

files/ Directory found, Directory not writeable - please make sure you make it writeable before using the attachment mod

I just checked the "file" directory and its attributes are as follows. 755 or -rwe-re-re- So, when the install.php tells me it is not writable, is for all fields? Owner, Group & World? Should it be 777 or 775 for Owner & Group only?

Will not execute the forum in any way till you get back to me on this.

And Dave, thanks for your assistance, I really appreciate it a lot..
Art
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Happens more often than you think ;-)

And yes you have to set that directory to 777.
Art57mo

Post by Art57mo »

DavidIQ wrote:Happens more often than you think ;-)

And yes you have to set that directory to 777.

Thanks Dave!

Will now leave you alone unless I have any problems running the mod. I don't think it will be a problem now. LOL

Thanks again.
Art