Could this be done?

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

mikedmc

Could this be done?

Post by mikedmc »

Hi All,

Came to this site from phpbb.com after being told this had a working Attachment mod to test. I've posted on here at viewtopic.php?t=14 to see how the mod works and work it does, very well.

The mod doesn't work exactly as I wish things to work on my site but could the following be done if I changed a few things?

I would like the url of the attached file to be outputted with the attachment details within the post? Also is it possible to list the url of the post in the details to? And finally is it possible to restrict file attachment to the original topic post only and only 1 attachment?

Any help appreciated,

Thank you.

All the best.
Michael.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Re: Could this be done?

Post by DavidIQ »

mikedmc wrote:I would like the url of the attached file to be outputted with the attachment details within the post?
This is possible. You'll have to edit attach_mod/display.php
Also is it possible to list the url of the post in the details to?
See above
And finally is it possible to restrict file attachment to the original topic post only and only 1 attachment?
As the mod is you can limit how many attachments you can make in one post but not to just the original topic post.
mikedmc

Post by mikedmc »

Thank you David,

Last night I read all the docs that come with the Attachment Mod and it does look like an impressive mod. It would seem I wouldn't need to do what I originally planned because the mod allows for movies to be displayed in the post. Do you know if this works well? Can it be configured for different formats like .3gp that work with Quicktime?

Do you think it would be possible to "easily" edit the mod to allow only the topic starter to post an attachment?

Thank you for your help.

All the best.
Michael.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

I don't believe the mod is equiped to handle quicktime formats though you could possibly add or change the part that handles streams to use Quicktime instead of WMP. It will let you attach pretty much any format like .3gp but this would be made a download link and not played within the post.

And I have to make a correction to my previous statement. The posting.php page is the page that needs to be edited to get the desired effect you're looking for. I'm thinking if you just move execute_posting_attachment_handling(); around in that file (to a location with post mode = new maybe) or just put an if statement around it you can limit the use of attachments to the first post.