Getting a blank screen.

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

frankiep

Getting a blank screen.

Post by frankiep »

Hi-

Yesterday I tried to install this mod. I read the install text and decided to go for the long installation even though I don't believe I have any mods on the board yet the template has been customized a bit. so just to be safe. The installation was going nicely, I ran the install php with success then started to modify the files as recommended. I saved copies of the original files in a separate folder. Half way through I checked the board and the entire screen is blank. I'm not sure what has gone wrong.

I tried replacing the original files, deleting the mod, replacing the index.php and index.htm and nothing seems to be working. When I right click on the blank screen to view the source that is also blank. It seems as though the it is linking to nothing for the index of the forum. Would you know what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Frankie
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

This mod doesn't edit index.php... :?:
frankiep

re: getting blank screen

Post by frankiep »

Well maybe I should rephrase. I installed this mod and now all of my screens are blank. I cannot access any portions of the board. I tried to re install the mod and now even the install.php is blank.

I used the pre mod install with the conundrum files on your site. Iv'e searched endlessly for a solution and haven't come up with anything. I am not php guru so I don't even know how to look for problems or where.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Frankie
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Probably your FTP program screwing things up. What are you using?
frankiep

getting a blank screen

Post by frankiep »

I'm using file zilla
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Change the upload method/type to Binary. Auto-detect sometimes messes up in FileZilla.
frankiep

blank pages

Post by frankiep »

I changed to binary with no luck then I changed to ASCII wich is what the install recommended and still nothing. Just blankness.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

You would have to re-upload ALL files. At this point you might be better off restoring your forum files and then trying again.
frankiep

reinstalling the board

Post by frankiep »

OK. I was thinking of doing that but I was wondering:

Can I reinstall the phpbb in a new folder. then just export the portions of the database I need (users, forums, posts) into the new forum? Or do I need to copy the whole database?

I'm afraid that in the process of installing this mod I may have altered parts of the database so I am reluctant to transfer the whole thing.

Is it possible to only move a few tables?

:?:
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Shouldn't matter really. This mod adds columns to the database that are not required for normal operation and you should function correctly even if you leave your database intact and just restore the files.
frankiep

Post by frankiep »

OK. I just reinstalled the bb again. that worked. thanks for your help. :lol: