thumbnails

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

Wiggle

thumbnails

Post by Wiggle »

to get thumbnails all i have to do is enable them or do i do the use gd1 or the gd2 option if so how do i implement that
Thank you so much in advance
Running lastest phpbb2 and your lastest mod files
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

If you have Imagick I suggest you use that instead. Otherwise GD2 is just fine. GD1 you might see distortion on the created thumbnails. And of course you have to enable the thumbnails option as well.
Wiggle

gd2 or magick

Post by Wiggle »

Is there anything i have to do for it to use the gd2 and the magick i would of used but understand how to install that being new to phpbb still learning hehehe
Thank you again for your quick response
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

You can't install Imagick unless you're running your own server. There is a detection button for that to see if you have it and it will auto-populate the path to it if it's available. If you see the GD2 option then that means you have GD2 on the server hosting your site. Go ahead and try the Search Imagick button as well.
Wiggle

path

Post by Wiggle »

it give me this if i hit the search imagick
/usr/bin/X11/convert
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

That means that it's available. Save it (Submit) and you're good to go. Of course the mod in its standard state only creates thumbnails if the picture file is over a certain filesize so keep that in mind.
Last edited by DavidIQ on Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiggle

thank you thank you

Post by Wiggle »

thank you so much for all your help will give it a try
have a good day
atomicrabbit

problem

Post by atomicrabbit »

Ok so bad news, the server in which my forum was located crashed about a week and a half ago and they could not retrieve any backups. I had the Attachment mod (among many other) installed. Fortunately I had a fairly recent backup.

I was happy ... see happy --> :) I uploaded all my files and all seemed well. It was not... I became sad --> :(

Anyhow, jokes aside. I had my attachment mod working PERFECTLY and for whatver reason it is no longer working the way I had it working before. I had it creating clickable thumbnails of the images uploaded and uploading without any problems. Now when I try to upload an image, it starts to upload the file and then proceeds to a blank page. In addition, it does NOT add the image, nor does it create a thumbnail. I checked the upload folder and the images seem to have been uploaded fine, but they are not being added to posts and they are not generating thumbnails :( :( :( Please help!!

I was able to upload large files (2mb+), now it only completes the operations and posts the picture if its about 600kb-700kb or less and it doesnt even create a thumbnail :( I am using a modified version of NoseBleed.

I will supply you with any other information you need. I worked long and hard to create a solution for this problem about 6 months ago, but since then I have forgotten what I have done and my backed up files are not working for some reason.

Please help!!!

btw, DavidIQ, I spoke to you several times on phpBB.com about this problem before and other mods (my nickname there was adamm22)
Last edited by atomicrabbit on Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*atomic.rabbit
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Ok...forum link? And if possible PM me a username and password (preferably admin).
atomicrabbit

Post by atomicrabbit »

you are amazing for answering so quick. Thank you, I will pm you a link and user/pass
*atomic.rabbit
atomicrabbit

Post by atomicrabbit »

ok I pm'd you!
*atomic.rabbit
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

What changed on the server after it crashed? Do you know?

It might help if you created a file, named it phpinfo.php, and put this into it:

Code: Select all

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Upload it to your site and then link back.
atomicrabbit

Post by atomicrabbit »

*atomic.rabbit
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Hmmmm... max_execution_time seems to be a bit low (30 seconds). This might be why you're unable to attach large files...the script times out before it finishes the attaching. See if you can override using a .htaccess file or your own php.ini file.
atomicrabbit

Post by atomicrabbit »

ok how do I do that?
*atomic.rabbit