Shadow Attachments issues

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

cbonnar

Shadow Attachments issues

Post by cbonnar »

Hi,

Running phpbb 2.0.21 and have Attachment Mod Version 2.4.5.

I have some issues with what shadow attachments sais and what it actually correct.

If I click on shadow attachment (in admin) and I get an entiry in "Delete all posting attachment data for files that don't exist on your filesystem. ". I check the post that has this attachment and it is ok. Also the file is on the ftp site and correct. I allow it to delete it and check the post and the attachment was removed from it. I then try attching it again and rechecked the shadow attachment (in admin) and the file appears again. I also notice that there are more files on the ftp than the php system has as attachment but the shadow attachment (in admin) is not finding them.

Any ideas?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Try synchronizing them though if you're attaching new files in there and they're automatically showing up in shadow attachments there might be a bigger issue here and doing a synchronization might remove all attachments from postings. Maybe try re-running the install/update_to_latest.php script. Won't hurt anything.
cbonnar

Post by cbonnar »

Tried the snyc but it didn't help. After some more investigation is seems to be related to using ftp as the storage location. If I turn the ftp off and use the standard /files directory it all works ok. :?:

We have been modifying quite a few php pages to do things like allow you to change the post time etc so I am not to keen on reinstalling as it will overwrite our changes.

Any more ideas. (oh and thanks for the help :D )
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

If you're not storing the files in an external host then there is no reason to use the FTP settings at all.
cbonnar

Post by cbonnar »

DavidIQ wrote:If you're not storing the files in an external host then there is no reason to use the FTP settings at all.
Yeh I think you are correct. Thanks for youe help. I think we will just use the non ftp methord.

Thanks again