Admin left panel blank.

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

CyberCobre

Admin left panel blank.

Post by CyberCobre »

Hello,

Installed everything as instructed. Everything shows up on the user side, but my admin panel, the left hand panel is blank. Anyone know what the fix is? I am NOT a php proficient, but can follow instructions. I am presently running 2.0.21 and have used the pre-modded 2.0.21 files from SourceForge download.

I am using the Getaway template, but everything shows fine on the user side...though I haven't tried to upload a file. The admin side still uses SubSilver...or at least it still looks like it is.

Any help would be appreciated and I would pay for help if it isn't too expensive. (I'm poor, but if you name a price, I can figure out if I can pay it.)
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Do you have any other mods installed?
CyberCobre

Post by CyberCobre »

No. Just the Getaway theme.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Assuming the admin panel was working before you'll have to reupload the admin folder from the premod package and I don't mean the one in the templates/subSilver folder.
CyberCobre

Post by CyberCobre »

Okay. You mean I need to use my back-up files I downloaded before doing the mod install? I also renamed the original admin files that were replaced. Should I just rename them back and then things will be okay? And how much can I donate for your help that will make you happy? Aside from a million dollars, that is.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Surprise me ;-)

You don't need to restore your old files. Just overwrite the files that are currently there. I'm thinking one of the new files or the edited files you dropped in there got corrupted during upload or was uploaded wrong (ASCII mode instead of Binary or vice-versa).
CyberCobre

Post by CyberCobre »

I just renamed the Orig files back and the left panel is there now with all sorts of new things on it. Now I am crossing fingers to hope this mod works...or, of it doesn't, that I can just de-install the modded files and get the forum back as it was without mucking with the MySQL. I tried to do a MySQL back up, but Dreamhost's MyPHPAdmin would not allow me to do it. Stupid me, I suppose. I should not have done the mod until I got support to get me a back-up, but I was stupid.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

What happened was that the 2 files that get modified by this mod somehow got screwed up upon upload or during unzipping. You'll need to find a way to get those files up there. What method are you using to upload?

BTW don't worry about your database. Nothing that was changed in it will affect the rest of your forum if you don't have the files installed.
CyberCobre

Post by CyberCobre »

Cool. Just renaming the original admin files back worked. Didn't do anything else at all. The whole thing works like a dream. Don't know why, but, hey. I won't look a miracle in the mouth. Blessings be upon you. Thank you.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

One thing you won't be able to do without those 2 files edited is to set the download and upload permissions for each forum :? the other file deals with user groups and their quotas so that one isn't maybe as crucial as the other.
CyberCobre

Post by CyberCobre »

I just don't know enough about php to mess with anything. And the file bytes matched, and I uploaded them repeatedly, making sure the file bytes matched. I don't really need to define limits on individual forums, though, I don't think. I just need everyone to be able to upload .doc files. It's a writer's group, and they need to upload attachments. I was able to give permissions for .doc files, so I'm hoping that works? (Yes, that's a question.) Sorry. I know I'm stupid about these things.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

You'll never learn if you don't ask ;-)

That should do it but also remember to enable the extension group that .doc is in.
CyberCobre

Post by CyberCobre »

Thanks, DavidIQ. You're on my Mr. Wonderful list.