Installation order of phpBB2.0.22 and Attachment Mod

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

WK_tmp

Installation order of phpBB2.0.22 and Attachment Mod

Post by WK_tmp »

Hi, all

My question concerns the coordination of phpBB and Attachment Mod installation.

I think installation of any Mods should be independent of the 1-st phpBB installation. So, I should
1) proceed phpBB installation as described in phpBB2\docs\INSTALL.html
2) then upload source Pre-modified_2.0.22\PREMODIFIED folder by folder, adding new folders/files and by replacing existing files.
3) proceed \PREMODIFIED\installer\install.php

Alternative sequence may be (it seems me as wrong):
1.1 upload phpBB files
1.2 upload premodified source with adding/replacing
2.1 proceed phpBB install.php
2.2 proceed yours Mod install.php
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

No...you have to have the board up and running first. Then you upload the contents of the PREMODIFIED folder to the forum's root folder and then run the installer/install.php script and then you're done. Of course remember to delete install, installer, and contrib folders.
WK_tmp

Post by WK_tmp »

2DavidIQ:
you have to have the board up and running first.
Yes, I've install phpBB2.0.22.

Then you upload the contents of the PREMODIFIED folder to the forum's root folder...

I've asked earlier should I REPLACE existing files with new ones from Attachment Mod?

For example, there are files common.php, faq.php, modcp.php etc. in my forum root: my_site/htdocs/phpBB2/ and slightly different files with same names in PREMODIFIED/ folder.

Moreover there are existing folders: admin, includes, images, language, templates in forum root and PREMODIFIED folder with new files and existing files. Should I add new files and replace existing files with modified ones?
Last edited by WK_tmp on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
WK_tmp

Language problem

Post by WK_tmp »

Hi David,

I've uploaded modified files, as asked in my previous post (in add&replace mode).

After that I've run install.php (see attachment picture).
Installation was broke with mess
"Attachment Mod language file does not exist: language/lang_/lang_main_attach.php".

Main language on my board is russian.

May I simply duplicate 3 files lang_*_attach.php
(* = main, faq, admin) into the folder
language/lang_russian/ to continue installation.

I could translate it by myself later or look it for russian phpBB forum.

How can I continue correct installation?
Should I simply repeat installation launching "http://my_site/phpBB2/installer/install.php" or proceed something else? As I checked my DB current state there are still no additional tables for attachment mod.

p.s. I wonder why this board doesn't mark updated posts with note "Last change date-time"?
Attachments
Installation failed on language issue
Installation failed on language issue
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

You can copy the english files to your russian folder and that should be it though the error might be something else.

The last edit time is only applicable to posts that have been replied to so if you edit the post previous to mine the edit date and time will show. This is standard phpBB behavior.
WK_tmp

Post by WK_tmp »

Thanx! All runs fine!

May be all my questions and troubles were caused by absence of installation guide for Premodified version.

p.s. Russian localization of Attachment mod is located here.