Help for new guy- cant get attachment mod premade files to..

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

doubleatheman

Help for new guy- cant get attachment mod premade files to..

Post by doubleatheman »

Hello im new and getting into the php community.... (so I shouldent even be trying this)

I tried this mod with premade files, that didnt work I just got blank pages,
My php address

http://www.arcturus-uav.com/php

I downloaded the correct files for my version 2.0.18, unzipped them, uploaded the files to the correct places via ftp, then when I go to any of my php plages they are blank.... what did i do wrong?

Im new tp phpbb and want to allow users on my site to post attachemnts... please help

Also I have yahoo webhosting, they restrict some php...

thanks
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

If you're starting a new board then why on Earth would you start with a version that's over 2 years old? :shock:
doubleatheman

Post by doubleatheman »

ah... guess I should work on that then,

I tried updating but, heres the cold hard truth.. ive been using yahoo sitebuilder for this whole site... and ftp and server address all new to me...

I tried to download the update, and I attempted to enter all the infomation on the install php page, then clicked submit, it couldent connect to my server.... (critical arror, cant connect to server)

(after I get the correct file uploaded I will ask that question again)

so, Im going to start over, I created a new php folder on my yahoo server, they started me with 2.0.18, its up and working...

so which file do I need?

phpBB 2.0.22 [ Full Package ]

phpBB 2.0.22 [ Changed Files Only ]

phpBB 2.0.22 [ Patch File Only ]

phpBB 2.0.22 [ Code Changes ]

and once I get the correct file where do I upload it to? my php directory or in a new directory?

thanks again, and thanks for working with a total newb...
doubleatheman

Post by doubleatheman »

I attempted to follow the instructions that they had on the php site, but i missed something....

(just saying that i knwo they have instructions, but im too stupid to use them)

I am confused on....

what file i need...
where to upload it to....
what i need to enter on the install.php page....

(thanks again)
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Well you can't use those files if you're using 2.0.18. If you did then you would probably get a blank page (as you already have). If you're going to stick to the 2.0.18 version then see if the premodified files for that version are available at sourceforge.net (search for attachment mod).
doubleatheman

Post by doubleatheman »

Well you can't use those files if you're using 2.0.18. If you did then you would probably get a blank page (as you already have). If you're going to stick to the 2.0.18 version then see if the premodified files for that version are available at sourceforge.net (search for attachment mod).
I have downloaded the mods from that site for the version i am using, didnt work...

I am wanting help on how to update now, like you said i should use the latest version if its avalible.. :)

do i need the full install, chand files, code...??? which 2.0.22 file should I use?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Download the full 2.0.22 package from phpBB and upload all files replacing all of the old ones. DON'T upload config.php as this will make you lose your database connection settings. Once you're done uploading run install/update_to_latest.php and you're almost done. All you have to do after that is delete the contrib and install folders and that's it.

Then for attachments you download the premodified files package from here, unzip, and upload the contents to your site replacing all files, run installer/install.php, delete the installer/install.php folder, and then you're done.
doubleatheman

Post by doubleatheman »

ok I will do that when I get home later today :) thanks for the reply.

I atempted to follow the instructions they had to update, which did incluse the contrib.php file....
I followed these directions.... to the dot.... but I did something wrong...

Im really new to this whole deal so go really easy on me Smile

If you have no MODs installed
Step 1
Download the “Changed Files Only” from the download page at phpBB.com, and unzip it to a directory at your hard drive

Step 2
Inside of this zip you'll see several more zip files. Unzip the one that refers to the version you're updating

Step 3
Upload all those files, while overwriting all old ones. You should also upload the /install and /contrib directory which can be found in the main zip file (phpBB-2.0.xx-files.zip)

Step 4
Run /install/update_to_latest.php trough your browser, using http://www.domain.com/phpBB/install/upd ... latest.php, for example

Step 5
Delete the /contrib and /install directories from your server

Error message I got after I updated, and attempted to log in...

Error in obtaining userdata

Code:
DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_login_tries' in 'field list'

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level, user_login_tries, user_last_login_try FROM phpbb_users WHERE username = 'admin'

Line : 65
File : login.php

thank you...

Last edited by doubleatheman on Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
doubleatheman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
More error messages from my install file...
http://www.arcturus-uav.com/php/install ... latest.php

Code:

Information
Database type :: mysql
Previous version :: 2.0.18
Updated version :: 2.0.22

Updating database schema
Progress :: . . . Done
Result :: Some queries failed, the statements and errors are listing below

Error :: Access denied for user 'yscr_bbFLm6'@'localhost' to database 'phpbb_3'
SQL :: ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD COLUMN user_login_tries smallint(5) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

SQL :: ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD COLUMN user_last_login_try int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

SQL :: ALTER TABLE phpbb_search_results ADD COLUMN search_time int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

This is probably nothing to worry about, update will continue. Should this fail to complete you may need to seek help at our development board. See README for details on how to obtain advice.

Updating data
Progress :: . . . . . . .

Updating version and optimizing tables
Progress :: . . Done
Result :: No errors

Update completed
Please make sure you have updated your board files too, this file is only updating your database.

You should now visit the General Configuration settings page in the Administration Panel and check the General Configuration of the board. If you updated from versions prior to RC-3 you must update some entries. If you do not do this emails sent from the board will contain incorrect information. Don't forget to delete this file!

Update completed
Please make sure you have updated your board files too, this file is only updating your database
Right now there is nothing important on my fourms so ill just deleate it and start over from scratch....

It makes me mad that when yahoo adds phpbb to my server its 2.0.18
(its an add on in the yahoo options) buy thats life....

And yes I learned that why I had blank pages was due to the fact I was using the mod version for 2.0.22 when i had 2.0.18 ....

thanks again
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Well at least you're learning ;-)
doubleatheman

Post by doubleatheman »

heck thats the best part....
doubleatheman

Post by doubleatheman »

Download the full 2.0.22 package from phpBB and upload all files replacing all of the old ones. DON'T upload config.php as this will make you lose your database connection settings. Once you're done uploading run install/update_to_latest.php and you're almost done. All you have to do after that is delete the contrib and install folders and that's it.

Then for attachments you download the premodified files package from here, unzip, and upload the contents to your site replacing all files, run installer/install.php, delete the installer/install.php folder, and then you're done.

oh boy now im gettin this one...

Please read: INSTALL.html before attempting to update.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Where are you getting that????
doubleatheman

Post by doubleatheman »

that came up when I followed your directions, when I ran the http://arcturus-uav.com/forum/install/u ... latest.php file.... :(

(frustrated and wanting to try again)

I deleated my php directory and re made my 2.0.18 fourms (which work perfectly by the way.)

I attempted to follow the directions from the phpbb files ....
. Upgrade from previous stable (released) versions of phpBB 2
If you are currently using a stable release of phpBB 2 updating to this version is straightforward. You would have downloaded one of three packages and your choice determines what you need to do. Please Note: That before upgrading we heavily recommend you do a full backup of your database and existing phpBB2 source files! If you are unsure how to achieve this please ask your hosting provider for advice.

MySQL Users Please Note: Changes introduced in 2.0.4 may increase the size of your database, more specifically the search_wordmatch table. There are other changes in that release which are designed to reduce the database size. However these additional changes may not apply to all types of forum (particularly non-English boards). While any increases will be relatively small compared to the overall database size it may be an issue for some users. In particular users on hosting plans which limit database size and where the database is near that limit.

Please make sure you update your phpBB2 source files too, even if you run the update_to_latest.php file.

and i again receved the same error messages

Code: Select all

Information
Database type    :: mysql
Previous version :: 2.0.18
Updated version  :: 2.0.22

Updating database schema
Progress :: . . . Done
Result   :: Some queries failed, the statements and errors are listing below 

Error :: Access denied for user 'yscr_bboL95'@'localhost' to database 'phpbb_6'
SQL   :: ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD COLUMN user_login_tries smallint(5) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

SQL   :: ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD COLUMN user_last_login_try int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

SQL   :: ALTER TABLE phpbb_search_results ADD COLUMN search_time int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

This is probably nothing to worry about, update will continue. Should this fail to complete you may need to seek help at our development board. See README for details on how to obtain advice.

Updating data
Progress :: . . . . . . . 

Updating version and optimizing tables
Progress :: . . Done
Result   :: No errors 

Update completed
Please make sure you have updated your board files too, this file is only updating your database.

You should now visit the General Configuration settings page in the Administration Panel and check the General Configuration of the board. If you updated from versions prior to RC-3 you must update some entries. If you do not do this emails sent from the board will contain incorrect information. Don't forget to delete this file!

then when i attempted to log in I got....

Code: Select all

General Error 

Error in obtaining userdata

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_login_tries' in 'field list'

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level, user_login_tries, user_last_login_try FROM phpbb_users WHERE username = 'admin'

Line : 65
File : login.php 

I am really trying hard... but it hates me :P

thanks again...
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Hmmmm...it's creating a new database and/or database user each time... :roll:

Check to see what database permissions the yscr_bboL95 user has. You should be able to figure this out by looking through your database section in your site's control panel. Most likely the auto-setup doesn't give alter permissions to the database user...
doubleatheman

Post by doubleatheman »

Check to see what database permissions the yscr_bboL95 user has. You should be able to figure this out by looking through your database section in your site's control panel. Most likely the auto-setup doesn't give alter permissions to the database user

yscr_bboL95 localhost Yes USAGE No

according to it... usage...

now I have no cluse what that means...

for the user name changinc each time, i am guessing that is from me producing a new directory each time and trying over...