"not authorized"-error - randomly!

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

theGrinchUK

"not authorized"-error - randomly!

Post by theGrinchUK »

Hi, after I put all my members in different groups they get the "Sorry but you are not authorized to view or download this Attachment"-error on a random basis as it seems.
The error is not reproducable, sometimes logging in and out helps, sometimes not.
I doublechecked the permissions, the forums are "private" but so is the attachment - so any help appreciated!
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Are these users in more than one group? Might just want to make the forum private but attachments REG.
theGrinchUK

Post by theGrinchUK »

Yeah, that's the problem:
4 groups with with a global forum (no probs in that afik) and 1 subforum which is only be accessible by each group.

Makind the DL REG would show them in the download-list - I could just delete the link for it but was hoping for a "clean" possibility...
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Ah...the subforums mod might not like attachment mod's different permissions. And which download list are you talking about? If it's that mod that lists all attachments then just remove the forum ids for those you don't want to show.
theGrinchUK

Post by theGrinchUK »

Sorry, I think I stated it a bit confusing...
I've got:

Forum1 - Groups A, B, C , D
Forum2 - Group A
Forum3 - Group B
Forum4 - Group C
Forum5 - Group D

Forum1 seems to be fine, the error only occurs in Forum2-5.

The download-list I mentioned is "attachments.php" which comes with the Attachment MOD I think.
It shows every usergroup only the "global" (= Forum1) attachments plus the one made from the own group - so far so good.

It would be a possibility to delete the "attachments.php" and put Forum2-5's attachment-permissions on REG - but I'd rather prefer to solve the problem.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

theGrinchUK wrote:The download-list I mentioned is "attachments.php" which comes with the Attachment MOD I think.
It doesn't...not even sure where that came from :?:

So group A has problems on forum 2, group B has problems on forum 3, etc.? Is it the whole forum or just the sub-forum? Have you set the permissions on the sub-forum as well?
theGrinchUK

Post by theGrinchUK »

Hmm, okay so that has been a different MOD then... Has been a while since I installed the stuff, but did the grouping recently and that's when the problem appeared.

And yes, every group can only access it's own forum (+ the global) and the problem appears to happen in the private forums.

Sorry, there is no subforum, part of my confusement I guess...
I've installed the AttachmentMOD.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Do you know what version attachment mod you installed?
theGrinchUK

Post by theGrinchUK »

AttachmentMOD 2.4.3
phpBB 2.0.19 (I know, I defo have to upgrade!)
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

I would upgrade both hoping that it fixes the issue...
theGrinchUK

Post by theGrinchUK »

Whooops, thought 2.4.3 was the newest version, missed that somehow.

So I just did the updates, will see what happens.

Thanks a lot for your quick help, I hope I don't have to post again ;)
theGrinchUK

Post by theGrinchUK »

Hmm, that was fast... Didn't solve the problem :(
theGrinchUK

Post by theGrinchUK »

Sorry, it's me again - even if I set the permission for DL to "ALL" the problem persits.

Is there a possibility to display the link to the file automatically in the DL-box?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

There is a way but your download counter wouldn't work since the processing of the download is done by download.php which increments the download count.
theGrinchUK

Post by theGrinchUK »

Doesn't matter, I'm just annoyed of people complaining and me having to copy and paste the link to every single file.