attach mod VS bloc news GF portal

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

x22

attach mod VS bloc news GF portal

Post by x22 »

hello all,

i' ve un little problem with attachmod, i would like display attachement file in a bloc (mod_news.php)like viewtopic.php in my portal
after 3 week of search for this displaying ,i request your help

thanks
if you want give me help i can give you the code of bloc news (mod_news.php)
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Not sure what it is that you want to display in this news block. There's no way to get this mod working in such a way that you can just upload a file and have it on the news block without extensive modification to the mod. Unless what you're wanting to do is to display a list of the latest X attachments?
x22

Post by x22 »

Thank you to answer dear friend

my portal is composed of various blocks
the block (mod_news.php) display all tread of a forum (selected by id by admin)
this display are very similar like a tread (viewtopic)
thus I would wish that the block news display the Attachment like the viewtopic

thanks for your help ^^
Attachments
mod.rar
screen to explicate
file mod_news.php
optional mod portal
(209.15 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hello. It's good to find a support forum for this mod, thanks mate. I'm using the attachment mod, now problems, and have much the same issue as above. I'm using phpbb2rss & rss2html to 'scrape' certain forum pages to the website.

What I was wondering is if it would be possible to append the download_url variable into the actual message. So a link would appear in the post as it does if you type it out. Removing the download block is easy enough, but not necessary as it's handy to have on the forum, but i'm not sure on the code or where to put it.

In PHP it would be something like

Code: Select all

$message = $message.$filename
in posting.php?

I'm looking at immediately preceding:

Code: Select all

$template->assign_vars(array(
	'USERNAME' => $username,
	'SUBJECT' => $subject,
	'MESSAGE' => $message,
Though there's a strong chance I could be barking up the wrong tree! I don't know much about phpbb beyond following instructions ;) though knowing php helps, sql is beyond me. So any tips (right file? right variables?) would be much appreciated.

Dumping the file url into the message var would make it accessible to any of the good page scraper/rss mods.