Custom Profile Field to show in Member List

Need help with your forum? Ask away. Remember though that there's always http://www.phpbb.com/community

Moderator: Experts

Anahera

Custom Profile Field to show in Member List

Post by Anahera »

Hello David

How can I get the Custom Profile Field(s) to show as a sortable column in the Member List?

In "Load Settings" I have the option

Custom profile fields
Allow styles to display custom profile fields in memberlist:

Set to YES. However, I do not know how to MAKE the style(s) actually display them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Ana
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Re: Custom Profile Field to show in Member List

Post by DavidIQ »

Do you still need help with this? It's going to require some edits to the style's memberlist_body.html (hopefully that's all).
ntxfdotcom

Post by ntxfdotcom »

If he doesnt, I sure do :) I have added three custom fields to the registration page. I would like:

1. Have them added to the admin_notify email
2. Have them added to the Member list
3. Location is one of the custom fields I added. Even if the new member fills in this information it does not populate the actual "location" field in database. Therefor it does not appear under their avatar when they post. It is visible as a "Custom profile field" when viewing their profile but does not populate the location field in the normal "User profile".
jakelu

Post by jakelu »

ntxfdotcom wrote:If he doesnt, I sure do :) I have added three custom fields to the registration page. I would like:
3. Location is one of the custom fields I added. Even if the new member fills in this information it does not populate the actual "location" field in database. Therefor it does not appear under their avatar when they post. It is visible as a "Custom profile field" when viewing their profile but does not populate the location field in the normal "User profile".

Vegas Show Vegas Show
royportal

Post by royportal »

jakelu wrote:
ntxfdotcom wrote:If he doesnt, I sure do :) I have added three custom fields to the registration page. I would like:
3. Location is one of the custom fields I added. Even if the new member fills in this information it does not populate the actual "location" field in database. Therefor it does not appear under their avatar when they post. It is visible as a "Custom profile field" when viewing their profile but does not populate the location field in the normal "User profile".vegas hotel deal Mamma Mia Show Las Vegas

Born 2 B a workaholic!