BBcode

Need help with your forum? Ask away. Remember though that there's always http://www.phpbb.com/community

Moderator: Experts

Graham

BBcode

Post by Graham »

Hi David

I'm trying to place a frame around the poems that members submit to the site and it is working but I have to have a fixed width.
The height can be anything and the frame grows or shrinks to suit, but is it possible to get the width to shrink and grow as well?
Here is the code I'm using.

Code: Select all

<div style="margin: 0 auto;">
               <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="text-align: {TEXT};">
                  <tr>
                     <td background="./frames/frame_{NUMBER}/frame-01.gif" width="50" height="50"></td>
                     <td background="./frames/frame_{NUMBER}/frame-02.gif" width="300" height="50"></td>
                     <td background="./frames/frame_{NUMBER}/frame-03.gif" width="50" height="50"></td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                     <td background="./frames/frame_{NUMBER}/frame-04.gif" width="50" height="300"></td>
                     <td bgcolor={COLOR}>{TEXT1}</td>
                     <td background="./frames/frame_{NUMBER}/frame-05.gif" width="50" height="300"></td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                     <td background="./frames/frame_{NUMBER}/frame-06.gif" width="50" height="50"></td>
                     <td background="./frames/frame_{NUMBER}/frame-07.gif" width="300" height="50"></td>
                     <td background="./frames/frame_{NUMBER}/frame-08.gif" width="50" height="50"></td>
                  </tr>
               </table>
            </div>
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Re: BBcode

Post by DavidIQ »

Hey Graham,

Have you tried using percentages instead of fixed widths?
Graham

Post by Graham »

I have now ;) but still no luck. :(
Any other thoughts?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Checked with a styles "expert" friend of mine and he said to try just removing the width="300" from the other columns.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Thank you David

I'll go ahead and give that a try.

Tried it and it's sorted please thank your friend for me.

Graham