Broke my posting.php...I assume

Need help with your forum? Ask away. Remember though that there's always http://www.phpbb.com/community

Moderator: Experts

Master_Cylinder

Broke my posting.php...I assume

Post by Master_Cylinder »

I'm not sure which MOD broke it but when composing a post, clicking on smilies or bbcodes (like bold or img) no longer inserts them, it just sends me to the top of the page, like a top anchor tag. If I just knew where *that* part of the code was I might be able to figure out which MOD broke it and fix it. Is it posting.php or somewhere else?

Ideas?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Re: Broke my posting.php...I assume

Post by DavidIQ »

Sounds like a JavaScript error. Check the console in FireFox or turn on the debugger in Internet Explorer so you can get more details to track it down.
Master_Cylinder

According to the IE debugger:
SCRIPT1002: Syntax error
editor.js, line 390 character 138
SCRIPT5009: 'colorPalette' is undefined
posting.php, line 351 character 4

Editor.js - line 390

Code: Select all

document.write('<td bgcolor="#' + color + '" style="width: ' + width + 'px; height: ' + height + 'px; background-color: #' + color + ;">');
posting.php - line 351

Code: Select all

colorPalette('h', 15, 10);

EDIT:
I found the solution on phpbb.com
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p13300378
Since I'm not a programer I never would have seen that problem and I don't know what MOD broke it.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

That doesn't seem like much that the guys provided. Did it fix your issue though?
Master_Cylinder

The only difference was that he was using a new Style and I was using prosilver but the symptoms (non-clickable smilies and bbcodes) were the same. I found the solution by searching for "background-color: #' + color + ;">');" in the phpbb forums and there it was...a missing single quote. I have to assume that it was a MOD that broke it but I haven't tracked down which. Perhaps it was the WP to phpBB bridge plugin that did it, I'll have to check that one still.

It works now though, that's the important part.