Different Type Of Not Authorized to View

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

johnny_angel

Different Type Of Not Authorized to View

Post by johnny_angel »

I visited this site http://www.loewen.com.sg/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=556, and noticed a different type of message.

It actually shows the file, and download link, but if your not logged in and try to download, it simply redirects you to a "You must be logged in" type of page.

Any chance of getting that type of function, would it be a hard code?

Great looking board by the way, very clean and organized
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Re: Different Type Of Not Authorized to View

Post by DavidIQ »

download.php could be coded to do exactly that but I believe there needs to be another slight edit somewhere to make download.php not open in a new window.
johnny_angel

Post by johnny_angel »

sounds right because there download doesnt quickly open another browser like mine does.

I noticed that yesterday, when you click on "download" at that site, the only thing that pops up is either the download box, or if not logged in, a redirect

I search the original support thread page by page, I didnt see this as a tweak, so they must have written it themselves.

does this mean that, viewtopic_attach_body.tpl, and dislpaying.php will also need to be changed?

This would be great for that extra enticement, the fact that I could read that sites file description, and add the fact that downloading that file was "SOO WITHIN MY REACH" :D , I did not hesitate when I was asked to register. One major difference between the mentioned site and mine is the fact that my files will change daily, so registered members actually could become active members.

I do see one problem being that One of my forums will be vip, and the register to download message wont be accurate when non-vip reg's, try to download.

could I put this as a request?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Actually this would be a pretty easy change. They're just using message_die to generate that message and link. What's unclear is what is supposed to happen when attempting to generate the attachment info table but it shouldn't be too hard.
johnny_angel

Post by johnny_angel »

looks like the request is still being sent to download.php, and than the "log in" message is handled form there (no clue what Im talking about)

Im sure im not saying anything you dont already know though
johnny_angel

Post by johnny_angel »

any word?

Just added bttrack mod, it has this feature in viewforum not viewtopic

just though you may want to check it out, cause its an addon to attachment mod
ELO

Post by ELO »

Hello,
I would like to know where to find bttrack mod.
Thanks
Elo