Change another colour

Need help with your forum? Ask away. Remember though that there's always http://www.phpbb.com/community

Moderator: Experts

Graham

Change another colour

Post by Graham »

Hi

I want to know how to change the colours of the last two bluish looking panes on my site.
One is at the top under the title and has board info stuff on it.
The other is at the bottom and has TheTeam and things on it.

Thanks
Graham

Forum: http://www.poem-n-verse.co.uk/
Last edited by DavidIQ on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Because it's easier to keep your forum URL in your posts :-)
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Re: Change another colour

Post by DavidIQ »

That one's easy :-)

Look for .navbar and replace "background-color: #CADCEB;" in that class with "background-color: #32CD32;"
Graham

Post by Graham »

That one's easy :-)
Oh. it would be wouldn't it! :lol:

How about this one
Can I change the order of the formatting buttons when someone starts a topic or makes a reply ?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

If you mean the bold, italics, underline, etc buttons that's all in posting_buttons.html. You'll find this in there:

Code: Select all

<div id="format-buttons">
	<input type="button" class="button2" accesskey="b" name="addbbcode0" value=" B " style="font-weight:bold; width: 30px" onclick="bbstyle(0)" title="{L_BBCODE_B_HELP}" />
	<input type="button" class="button2" accesskey="i" name="addbbcode2" value=" i " style="font-style:italic; width: 30px" onclick="bbstyle(2)" title="{L_BBCODE_I_HELP}" />
	<input type="button" class="button2" accesskey="u" name="addbbcode4" value=" u " style="text-decoration: underline; width: 30px" onclick="bbstyle(4)" title="{L_BBCODE_U_HELP}" />
	<!-- IF S_BBCODE_QUOTE -->
		<input type="button" class="button2" accesskey="q" name="addbbcode6" value="Quote" style="width: 50px" onclick="bbstyle(6)" title="{L_BBCODE_Q_HELP}" />
	<!-- ENDIF -->
	<input type="button" class="button2" accesskey="c" name="addbbcode8" value="Code" style="width: 40px" onclick="bbstyle(8)" title="{L_BBCODE_C_HELP}" />
	<input type="button" class="button2" accesskey="l" name="addbbcode10" value="List" style="width: 40px" onclick="bbstyle(10)" title="{L_BBCODE_L_HELP}" />
	<input type="button" class="button2" accesskey="o" name="addbbcode12" value="List=" style="width: 40px" onclick="bbstyle(12)" title="{L_BBCODE_O_HELP}" />
	<input type="button" class="button2" accesskey="t" name="addlitsitem" value="[*]" style="width: 40px" onclick="bbstyle(-1)" title="{L_BBCODE_LISTITEM_HELP}" />
	<!-- IF S_BBCODE_IMG -->
		<input type="button" class="button2" accesskey="p" name="addbbcode14" value="Img" style="width: 40px" onclick="bbstyle(14)" title="{L_BBCODE_P_HELP}" />
	<!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF S_LINKS_ALLOWED -->
		<input type="button" class="button2" accesskey="w" name="addbbcode16" value="URL" style="text-decoration: underline; width: 40px" onclick="bbstyle(16)" title="{L_BBCODE_W_HELP}" />
	<!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF S_BBCODE_FLASH -->
		<input type="button" class="button2" accesskey="d" name="addbbcode18" value="Flash" onclick="bbstyle(18)" title="{L_BBCODE_D_HELP}" />
	<!-- ENDIF -->
	<select name="addbbcode20" onchange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcode20.options[this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]');this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex = 2;" title="{L_BBCODE_F_HELP}">
		<option value="50">{L_FONT_TINY}</option>
		<option value="85">{L_FONT_SMALL}</option>
		<option value="100" selected="selected">{L_FONT_NORMAL}</option>
		<option value="150">{L_FONT_LARGE}</option>
		<option value="200">{L_FONT_HUGE}</option>
	</select>
	<input type="button" class="button2" name="bbpalette" id="bbpalette" value="{L_FONT_COLOR}" onclick="change_palette();" title="{L_BBCODE_S_HELP}" />
	<!-- BEGIN custom_tags -->
		<input type="button" class="button2" name="addbbcode{custom_tags.BBCODE_ID}" value="{custom_tags.BBCODE_TAG}" onclick="bbstyle({custom_tags.BBCODE_ID})" title="{custom_tags.BBCODE_HELPLINE}" />
	<!-- END custom_tags -->
</div>
Each <input line is a button. Move up or down as required.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Thanks David,

Why more people are not here I can't understand?

Just went to phpBb to find out how to delete a user, loads of topics but no simple clear answer.

Graham
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

That's alright...if there's too many people on here it might be a bit hard to handle.

Easiest way to delete a user would be to be signed in as admin, click on their username, click on Manage User, and at the bottom of the manage user page you'll see the delete box. Similarly you can just enter their username in the Users tab in ACP to get to the same screen.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Hi David,

Your right, if loads turn up it bcomes a full time job with little thanks from many of them.

What's your views on this? a drop down box for a selection of font faces, think it would work?
I just copied the drop down 'font size' box code and changed it to suit 'font face' and changed the number from 20 to 22.

<!--Font-->
	<select name="addbbcode22" onchange="bbfontstyle('[font face=' + this.form.addbbcode22.options[this.form.addbbcode22.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/font]');this.form.addbbcode22.selectedIndex = 0;" title="{L_BBCODE_F_HELP}">
		<option value="Arial" selected="selected">{L_FONT_ARIAL}</option>
		<option value="Times New Roman">{L_FONT_ROMAN}</option>
		<option value="Courier">{L_FONT_COURIER}</option>
		<option value="Comic Sans MS">{L_FONT_COMIC}</option>
		<option value="Georgia">{L_FONT_GEORGIA}</option>
	</select>
	<!--/Font--> 
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

That won't work...but this would:

<select name="addbbcode22" onchange="bbfontstyle('[font=' + this.form.addbbcode22.options[this.form.addbbcode22.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/font]');this.form.addbbcode22.selectedIndex = 0;" title="Font type: [font=Arial]Your Text[/font]">
      <option value="Arial" selected="selected">Arial</option>
      <option value="Times New Roman">Times New Roman</option>
      <option value="Courier">Courier</option>
      <option value="Comic Sans MS">Comic Sans MS</option>
      <option value="Georgia">Georgia</option>
   </select>
Then in the ACP click on the Posting tab and then on "Add a new BBCode". For BBCode usage put this:

[font={SIMPLETEXT}]{TEXT}[/font]
HTML Replacement:

<span style="font-family: {SIMPLETEXT};">{TEXT}</span>
Leave everything else alone and then click Submit.

This would be the result.
Or maybe even this.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Hi David

Maybe that works for you but not for me :(

Pasted the code in the Posting_Buttons.html and uploaded it

Then I copied what you said in the ACP > bbcodes

I can see the drop down but when I highlight the words and click on one of the font styles nothing happens.

What Have I done, or not done this time :?

Graham

BTW Tried that Firebug, don't fully understand it all yet, but looks quite good.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Try removing the comments (<!-- Font Style -->). I gave you exactly what I put here and it worked... :?:
Graham

Post by Graham »

Morning David,

I removed the comments as you suggested but still get no change to the font.

I type a word, highlight it, click on the drop down menu and choose a style but nothing?

Then again it could be working for everyone but not for me, a bit like the banner! :lol:

Graham
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

It's not working because there's a javascript error. That's what's tripping it up...but I'm not getting the same error from adding it to this forum... :| I'll take a look at your javascript and see what the deal is...
Graham

Post by Graham »

Thanks David,

It doesn't tell me there's an error, but it seems like my computer tells me very little,
Independent little bugger that it is! :lol:

Graham
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

In FireFox try opening up the Error Console (Tools -> Error Console or Ctrl+Shift+J) while on your post reply page. You should see the error there.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Let's try a different approach with the page element's onchange javascript. Replace that font style selector section with this:

<!-- Font Style -->
   <select name="addbbcode22" onchange="bbfontstyle('[font=' + this.options[this.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/font]');this.selectedIndex = 0;" title="Font type: [font=Arial]Your Text[/font]">
      <option value="Arial" selected="selected">Arial</option>
      <option value="Times New Roman">Times New Roman</option>
      <option value="Courier">Courier</option>
      <option value="Comic Sans MS">Comic Sans MS</option>
      <option value="Georgia">Georgia</option>
   </select>
   <!-- /Font Style -->