ReIMG Image Resizer

Any and all modifications I have created for phpBB3 will be listed here and support will be provided.
am.hitek

Re: ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by am.hitek »

Hi DavidIQ.

My problem: although the image resizes to not break the forum borders, none of the other features are working (zoom, link, etc). I'm positive it's not my browser because it works in your demo page, David. Any setting I set seems to have no effect on image rescaling, including setting Max Image Dimensions to zero for both height / width in order to disable vertical / horizontal scaling.

I installed the ReIMG Image Resizer using Automod and installed successfully. I got the zip that it gave me to extract and I unzipped all the files in the "Files" directory of the zip into phpBB3 directory. I'm using the default prosilver style. I'm on phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 and the "install_reimg.php" page says it installed successfully.

i go to APC > Post Settings > Image Resize Settings and make the adjustments as seen here:

But the zoom feature doesn't work. I've tried many other settings, the ACP says the settings have been applied successfully, but none seem to have any effect.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I fixed the problem.
Apparently Automod didn't want to place the javascripts and index.htm found in /reimg_image_resizer/reimg/ from the original zip into the zip it creates. So I copied the scripts to the phpBB3/reimg/ directory and voila! It works now. Thanks for the sweet mod, David!!!! :D :D :D
am.hitek

Post by am.hitek »

Has anyone been able to get this mod to work with the style Polyethylene ???

I'm stuck here and I see "MOD Changes" available in the "Details" page for the ReIMG mod, but I have no idea if I should be using those MOD Changes or not (partly because I have no idea what the four different "MOD Changes do;" there was no description for these).

Here is the link to the theme http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/polyethylene

According to that it says it's style is version 1.0.1 (subsilver2). I've heard of "installation instructions for subsilver2" but I haven't been able to find them in the zip file.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Follow the edits in subsilver2.xml
am.hitek

Post by am.hitek »

Thanks Davis, I will.

Man, I need to get something that reads XML, this subsilver2.xml file is a mess!
Last edited by am.hitek on Tue May 11, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

It should open just fine and readable in any browser be it IE, FireFox, Opera, Chrome, etc. ;)
am.hitek

Post by am.hitek »

lol I'm using Firefox on Ubuntu Karmic, but it reads it as one big block of text. I just switched to GEdit instead, seems to do the job.

David: So you're saying to look at the following lines in the <edit> </edit> tags for each file referenced in <open> </open> and see if they match up with the files on my server?

I literally just jumped into phpBB3 yesterday so you'll have to forgive me, but I'm picking up on things as I go.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Ok first off you have to unzip the entire package. Once you do that you can simply open the file in any browser and should end up with the following:
SubSilver2 Edits
SubSilver2 Edits
subsilver2_xml.png (275.93 KiB) Viewed 21959 times
Of course if all else fails I guess you can just use that image I've just attached :lol:
am.hitek

Post by am.hitek »

The image is perfect! I even gave it execute permissions but the subsilver2.xml file still won't display properly. Oh well, the image works!

I see what I have to do now, I will get to work on it, thanks David! I'll report back with my results.
am.hitek

Post by am.hitek »

OK, so I did what it said, but then it didn't work and I realized --- I made the changes to subsilver2 files rather than polyethylene :P

So it works on subsilver2 and thus I expect it to work on polyethylene. Gonna go back and try it out though and make all the changes again.

Will report back soon.

Edit: works GREAT!!!! You da man, David!!!!
majik

Post by majik »

hello. glad i found your forum.

How do i uninstall this mod ? I have replaced all backups, deleted all additional files.

Do i have to remove something from SQL ?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

That should be it aside from refreshing your templates and imagesets. There are some keys added to the config table so if you want to remove those as well just run "DELETE FROM phpbb_config WHERE config_name like '%reimg%'"
Norvu

Post by Norvu »

Hi,

Your mod works great, but it seems only for my default skin. I tried installing it on another skin (Alienware.V1) but it didn't seem to work. I thought it might be the skin so I tired a style called 1Game and it still doesn't work. It doesn't parse the bbcode which replaces {URL} with the image url. I've used custom bbcode to see if it works and it does, seems like its just effecting the default [img*][/img] tags.

Thanks!
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

It's only supposed to apply to the default img tags and, in certain cases, to attachments. Why would you think otherwise? :?
Norvu

Post by Norvu »

No, I understand that.

My problem is that this mod doesn't work on any of my skins other than 1Thank (my default skin). I used custom bbcode to make an image display to see if it was the skin (of course it worked fine), but using the normal, default image tags it just displays a broken image with the Url of http://www.domain.com/{URL}.

I went to the details of the style I am having trouble with and told it to use the default styles templates. Other than making the forum look weird, the mod worked fine. Copied the default styles edited template files over into the other style, still doesn't work. Despite them being the SAME files.

I am totally perplexed.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Post an example link for your forum.