Problems with Attachment Mod

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

mocap3069

Problems with Attachment Mod

Post by mocap3069 »

Where can I get the pre-modded files so I can check some of my files to make sure I modded them correctly?
This is a commercial forum and since there are so many modded files I CANNOT mess this install up. I cannot
use the pre-modded files since I have multiple mods installed on the forum.

I was able to get the forum running on my test server at home and I fixed a couple of parse errors, but
I do not see the attachment option at all on my forum when I click on New Topic. Any ideas?

More testing confirmed that it only does not work on the Topic level but does work for Private Messages.
HELP!!!
Talk to REAL NFL player on the LARGEST forum on the WEB!!
http://www.thefanseye.com
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Attachment Mod

Post by DavidIQ »

Are you using subSilver?
stib

Post by stib »

Hello,

I have "quite" the same problem, since I have installed attachment_mod (2.4.5) with phpBB 2.0.22 and a french language package (all with the standard SubSilver theme)

and I can't see the "box" which normally allows registered users to upload files situated under their post when posting. :(

I don't have any errors in the forum, the admin section shows the attachment mod configuration and tells me that "my configuration seems ok" :shock:

Please help if you have an idea of the problem :)
Stib
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Same as the previous question...are you using SubSilver?
stib

Post by stib »

Thanks for answering so fast ! I should have checked sooner for response :mrgreen:

Yes I'm using the Subsilver theme (the default one i got with phpbb)
stib wrote: I have "quite" the same problem, since I have installed attachment_mod (2.4.5) with phpBB 2.0.22 and a french language package (all with the standard SubSilver theme)
I have spent a lot of time on this problem yesterday, and I finally decided to start a new installation, and to add the attachment mod to a fresh phpbb... :lol:
I think it wasn't working because I didn't modified all those *.php and *.tpl files :? :roll:

I have very carefully modified according to the install guide (install.txt), and now I can see the box !!!! 8)
... but... (unfortunately, I always end up with a but in these situations ^^ )

Now the problem is that I can't upload any kind of file !
I type a subject, message, choose a file (.pdf or .txt for example since I have allowed those 2 in the admin panel), even type a file descripion, and every time the answer at the top of the page is the same :

"The Extension pdf is not allowed"

I don't understand since I have authorised *.pdf in the group "documents" and allowed upload in my subject ...

Stib
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Have you enabled the documents group in extensions management?
stib

Post by stib »

Here are my screens from admin
Yes, I have "allowed" the document group but when I clicked on the little "+", there were no specified formats to allow... :|
So I tried to add "*.txt" and ".txt" in the "document" group, but it doesn't change the result... I can't upload txt or pdf files, even though they are added in admin config. :(

I hope I am clear enough :?

Stib

[Edit: I'm no sure whether the images are readable or not, if necessary, I can make bigger ones.]
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

You're not supposed to put a * or a . in the extension. Just txt or pdf will suffice.
stib

Post by stib »

aah !
I haven't read this anywhere ...
IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Thank you so much !!

Have a nice day.
Stib
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

I'm having a similar issue. A registered member of my Forum can't see the "add attachment" option when posting a reply or starting a new thread. As the admin, I can... However, they have the attachment option when sending PM's.

The attachment option is not visible to them with the Subsilver theme or my default Saphir them.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

It's probably a problem with permissions. Check forum permissions in advanced mode. You should see the 2 attachment mod options at the very right of the permissions table.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

You hit the nail on the head!!!!

Thanks... And thanks for creating this Forum :lol:
PerryTischer

Post by PerryTischer »

Hi
I'm having the same problem. I have a forum and member of Forum can't see the "add attachment" option when posting a reply or start a new topic.

Is that a development issue or need to replace the existing uploding tool?
Please guide me.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Attachment MOD is for phpBB 2.0 and is over 6 years old now. Support has ended.