Premodified 2.0.22 files

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Link?
Also...you're replacing the files with the ones from here right?
ajbird

Post by ajbird »

http://resultshealthclubs.com/forums/phpBB2

i have tried this twice now:

what i have done is to upload the new version of phpbb and create a new database

i have done this quite a few times now but this is the 1st time i have needed the attachment mod

i then downloaded the attachment mod at the front of this post and ftp the files into the correct location on the server

i then ran the instal script in the installer folder which generated the errors i posted earlier

the admin control panel looks fine except for the permission section for groups and individuals which seems to be missing the important bits
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Something's amiss...as if the files aren't getting overwritten... what are you using to upload?
ajbird

Post by ajbird »

wsftp - which is flakey at the best of times - will ssh them over the top
ajbird

Post by ajbird »

WOOOOOT

right i have done 2 things one of which or both worked in the end

1st i used filezilla to uplod the premod files again
2nd i turned the mod off and then on in the control panel

and finally it is working

there still seems to be something strange going on with the user permissions and group permissions but i can live with that for the purpose of this forum

thanks for the pre-mod files and your help - much appreciated - will send some dosh your way when my client pays me :)
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Yeah...I stopped using WSFTP when they decided they weren't going to offer Vista support any time soon...and that was back when I had Release Candidate 1 of Vista :roll: so I switched to FileZilla (at work) and SmartFTP (almost identical to WSFTP I might add) and have been doing fine with those two. 8)
axtur

Post by axtur »

I just wanted to say that i did get all those warnings, and i have the attachment mod working perfectly with the "RedSquare" template. 8) 8)
modguy

Two 2.0.22 Issues

Post by modguy »

Hi David,

Thanks for the response that you put in the PHPBB Forum in regard to my not being able to upload files fo more than 2 megs.

I took your advice and came to your excellent personal Forum and downloaded the 2.2 Attachments mod and overwrote them as directed.

Then I ran the install.php in the installer directory.
However I reveceived:
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'sbrown_phpb4.CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM CONFIG_TABLE

Line : 215
File : common.php

What's up?

The Forum worked fine before except that I was not able to upload files larger than 2 megs as I noted earlier. Now it's not workign at all. How can I get it back in shape and uplaoding files of 2 megs and more (my Attachment Mod Config settings were correct for larger files.)

I understand from the Attachment Mod Config Box that there is a Server Issue too...that my Server needs to be set for uploads of more than 2 moegs. What setting is this referring to. I would like to let my Host know or change it myself in CPanel of WHM if possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You for Your Help.

Steve
Steve Brown
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

You haven't run installer/install.php
modguy

Rand Installer and Got this message

Post by modguy »

David,

I just ran the installer and got this message as before:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'sbrown_phpb4.CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM CONFIG_TABLE

Line : 215
File : common.php

Steve
Steve Brown
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Oh I didn't read the message correctly. Your forum was up and running BEFORE you installed attachment mod? Seems like the config file is missing or has been overwritten with something else eliminating the $table_prefix line.
modguy

My Config File

Post by modguy »

David,

Here's my config file:

<?php

$dbms = 'mysql' ;

$dbhost = 'localhost' ;
$dbname = '****' ;
$dbuser = '****' ;
$dbpasswd = '****' ;

$table_prefix = 'phpbb_' ;

define ( 'PHPBB_INSTALLED' , TRUE ) ;

?>

Any suggestions?

Steve
Steve Brown
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

First suggestion:

Don't EVER post the contents of your config.php file without first sensoring the database information.

Second suggestion:

Save your common.php file as common.txt file and attach it here. I have a feeling that your constants declaration somehow got nixed but I'll have to take a look to be sure.
modguy

Steve's Common.php

Post by modguy »

David,

Here's my common.php file:

Thanks so much for your help.
Yes, I will make a donation!

Steve
DavidIQ wrote:First suggestion:

Don't EVER post the contents of your config.php file without first sensoring the database information.

Second suggestion:

Save your common.php file as common.txt file and attach it here. I have a feeling that your constants declaration somehow got nixed but I'll have to take a look to be sure.
Attachments
common.txt
Common.php
(6.82 KiB) Downloaded 557 times
Steve Brown
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Did you happen to install any other mods? This is really strange...that file is fine. How about includes/constants.php?