Premodified 2.0.22 files

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

modguy

Post by modguy »

DavidIQ wrote:Did you happen to install any other mods? This is really strange...that file is fine. How about includes/constants.php?
Hi David,

I didn't install any other mods.
I've attached the constants.php for you here.

Steve
Attachments
constants.txt
constants.txt
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
Steve Brown
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

When you uploaded the files...you didn't happen to take out what was in the attach_mod folder and put it into the forum's include folder did you? You were supposed to upload the contents of the attachment_mod folder without moving anything around which included the attach_mod folder contained in it (notice the different naming conventions). Your constants.php file is now the wrong file. I suggest you restore all forum files (from a stock phpBB installation if you have to) and retry uploading the attachment mod premodified files. I'm sure you've already run the installer/install.php script so skip that part.
modguy

Post by modguy »

DavidIQ wrote:When you uploaded the files...you didn't happen to take out what was in the attach_mod folder and put it into the forum's include folder did you? You were supposed to upload the contents of the attachment_mod folder without moving anything around which included the attach_mod folder contained in it (notice the different naming conventions). Your constants.php file is now the wrong file. I suggest you restore all forum files (from a stock phpBB installation if you have to) and retry uploading the attachment mod premodified files. I'm sure you've already run the installer/install.php script so skip that part.
David,
I Restored the Forum Files and Uploaded the Attachment Mod Premodified Files and I get the following when going to my Forum Address
:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Steve Brown
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Did you just start this forum? How did you restore the files and to where? Should have been to the original location they were at.
modguy

Post by modguy »

DavidIQ wrote:Did you just start this forum? How did you restore the files and to where? Should have been to the original location they were at.
David,

1. Yes, I created the Forum.
2. I restored the files to their original locations where "they were at".

Should I go back to Sqquare 1;
1. Delete the Forum and Reinstall from Scratch
2. Then Add the Attachment Mod
3. Then the 2.02 files etc.

Is there any way I can save the Forum Categories and Forum names for the new install? Is there a File or Files that I can save and upload later?

What would you suggest?

Thank,

Steve

Steve
Steve Brown
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Here's my suggestion:

1. Delete everything from your forum folder EXCEPT your config.php file.
2. Download a fresh copy of phpBB and upload everything to the forum folder excluding the config.php file and the contrib and install folders.
3. Once you do that make sure your forum is working.
4. Once you verify that upload the premodified attachment mod files to your forum except for the installer folder and that should do it.
shoot

Help please david

Post by shoot »

David,

First off great premod. I had it working on a virgin set of forums and when i transferred it to my good forums it crashed. Man i really need some help here. Any idea what this error means?

Code: Select all

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'd60344192.phpbb_attachments_config' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_attachments_config

Line : 91
File : attachment_mod.php
Any ideas? Im also useing the kdm2 template incase you need to know.

Thanks david

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ UPDATE }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Lucky i backed up my complete forum and i was able to get things working again, however does your premod only work for subsilver theme? Im currently useing the kdm2 theme and would like to continue. Is there anyway you can help me get this working for kdm2?

Thanks david
Last edited by shoot on Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

You need to run the installer/install.php script.
shoot

Post by shoot »

Ok thanks ill give that a try. Im going to redo this now can i just use your premod or do i need the orginal from phpbb.com?

WORKS LIKE A CHARM! Nice job ill be sure to donate friday. :)
rbloom45@hotmail.com
shoot

Post by shoot »

Not to spam your forum :wink: but I ran into 1 little problem. Your premod worked GREAT!! however I noticed that where ever there is a poll the table is a bit messed up. Would you know how to fix this?

My forum.
http://www.noobsgalore.com/noobsforum/i ... b5fbf3595f

You can use counter strike source maps for an example. Ill open up the forum to public that way you wont need to register so you can see what im talking about.

DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Hmmmm...if you're not using subSilver then the problem might be the replacing of your template's files with the premodified subSilver ones. Post a link to a specific example.
shoot

Post by shoot »

Dude at first I thought this mod was great. Now ill say its a f-in nightmare! what good is this attachment? So far its removed 2 different bbcode mods, my spelling cow mod, messed the last post results and will not even let me add a 50 mb file.

now i get this error after waiting 10 minutes for an upload.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /noobsforum/posting.php.

Reason: Error reading from remote server
This mod sucks! unless you want a stock subsilver theme. Honestly.....im not riping your work but what the hell good is it unless you want to attach small pics or txt.

Im sure you have alot of work in this but im sorry to say its a nightmare!
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

You've created your own nightmare. I mean...what did you expect by replacing your forum files with the premodified ones? :roll: This mod plays perfectly fine with practically any other mod. Plus this isn't my mod. I've merely supplied the premodified files for those starting new boards and provide extra support. The actual attachment mod is over at the phpBB forums and is the one to be used if you have other mods installed. I thought this was obvious but I'll make a note on the first post to ensure it doesn't happen again...
shoot

Post by shoot »

I know this is not your fault. Its called live and learn. If i would have known about premoded mods i would have never done this. I have 13 mods installed on my forums and they all work great until this happened. Oh well. Thanks for your help anyway though :D

Funny thing is the mod works great until i try a larger file. than i get proxy errors.
shoot

Post by shoot »

hi david. Say i was wondering if you could explain to me how i can find my php.ini

I do not own my own servers. I rent from a host. I own 15 domains and have a few sites running but none will attachment features. I found another great upload mod and have installed it. Everything works great!! All except i have a limit for uploads. I know you explained it in phpbb.com forums but they are under construction.

Thanks. :wink: