Some users can't see movies

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

anax

Some users can't see movies

Post by anax »

Hia, I've used the mod happily for over a year, during which time I've had occassional queries from users who are unable to view uploaded movies. It's happened again this evening from a user who used to be able to see them.

And I find I'm not able to view uploaded now on my IE6 (appears as a black box that can't play) or the latest Firefox (doesn't appear in the inline download box), but all is fine on my IE7.

I presume this is something to do with security settings (and browser security updates) but can't find the settings to fiddle, so don't know what to advise users with similar problems.

Any ideas much appreciated.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Re: Some users can't see movies

Post by DavidIQ »

Need a link to an example.
anax

Post by anax »

http://www.grampianlife.co.uk/Forum/vie ... 1492#21492

is a recent example. Thanks for taking a look.
anax

Post by anax »

For your information, a Forum user who had been having troubles seeing the attached movie in link above posted this answer...
Well as suspected the problem seemed to be caused by Auto downloads from Microsoft regarding identified 'security issues' with several Microsoft Programs. Some of the downloads seem to change settings. The hardest problem to trace was a 'presumed alteration' to the Bios which indicated disabled 320 Bit data transfer. After changing the setting to 'enable', all the 'Black screen problems seem resolved. IE continued to be problematical so went in the bin to be replaced by Firefox. I have to say Firefox made things very easy. Motto switch off Microsoft auto downloads.
I still have a problem viewing in Firefox.