ReIMG Image Resizer

Any and all modifications I have created for phpBB3 will be listed here and support will be provided.
Keefy

Re: ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by Keefy »

ive installed this mod with highslide (X-Static template) and everything is working great except for 1 little problem.

If you upload an attachment (photo) and dont place it inline when viewing the post after submitting the post its ok, it shows as a thumbnail and zooms in and out when clicked... However if you make a new post in the topic review the photo is big and not a small thumbnail, if placed inline or if img tags are used for an external photo the photos shown in the topic review are fine, just ones that have not been placed inline.

Have you a fix for this ?

Thanks for your work.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

You are referring to the preview/review area. That is a known bug.
Keefy

Post by Keefy »

Yes i am, is there somekind of fix for this ?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Nope. Not at the moment.
beattle55

Post by beattle55 »

I have installed the ReIMG plugin on my board, and the install appeared to go smoothly. The templates for the theme I am using appear to be correct, but the re-sizer does not work at all. Could you have a look at my site and let me know what I have done incorrectly? :?:

http://dawgpound.dawgtrip.com

Thanks
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

I need a specific post I can look at.
tng88

Post by tng88 »

I recently installed this mod onto my forum. It is working great everywhere in the forum except for one place, the reports.

What do I have to do to get the image to re-size in the reports?

I did check the install instructions to make sure I didn't miss a step.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

That is related to this, which I have not fixed yet:
https://github.com/DavidIQ/phpBB-ReIMG- ... r/issues/9
MattJG

Post by MattJG »

nice MOD 8-)

shame support threads locked over on phpBB.com :|

anyway, id just like to ask, do you have any plans to add resizing options based on visitors screen resolution?

i have users moaning that they want the images bigger than 500px across on there 2560-2048px screens, but cant understand why i choose to resize to only 500px for users of 1024-768px. :roll:
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Nope. No plans for that at the moment. Also you should take a closer look at the release topic. There is a large link to the actual support area in the first post. ;-)
alien_time

Post by alien_time »

Hi DavidIQ,

I absolutely love your ReIMG MOD and I have been using it on my board for a few years now. I have the version 2.0.1 currently installed. However, this MOD has stopped working on my site now after I installed the phpbb Social Network MOD version 0.7.1 (REF: http://socialnetwork.phpbb3hacks.com/ ). There seems to be some kind of a conflict between these 2 mods. This ReIMG MOD seems to work when I disable the Instant messaging in the Social Network MOD but this reimg MOD stops working when IM is enabled. I have been trying to find a solution for this but in vain. Can you please help me out with this? How can I have both of these MOD working together? How can I fix the conflict? As such there is no problem with the phpbb Social Network MOD neither with the ReIMG MOD by itself. But they both just dont work together at the same time now! Please help!
PERT

Post by PERT »

I have a questions about ReIMG:

The only requirement I have is to let the images be downscaled at client-side before uploading. I do not want to store full size images on my server, just max 800 px Horisontal. Does ReIMG satisfy this requirement ?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

No it does not. The image resizing is only at the page level and on the client site after it's been loaded from the server or the site it came from.